The WA State Government has recently announced $1m in funding for eligible West Australians to receive the Equipment for Living Grant.
The grant (up to $5000) will assist eligible individuals or sponsor organisations on behalf of individuals to purchase mobility equipment including:
- Electrically operated adjustable beds to make caring easier for families and unpaid carers
- Items that children/individuals are learning to use, and are not available through Community Aids and Equipment (CAEP) scheme due to restrictions regarding only one piece of mobility equipment being funded
- Car seats for children and adults and occupant restraint for travelling in vehicles
- Light weight inverters to power breathing equipment that fit a wheelchair better than the current larger inverter
- Alternative positional items for people with complex needs
- Electronic mobility aids for people with vision impairments
- Environmental controls
- Personal hygiene equipment such as bidets
- Assistive communication technology such as telephone adaptations
The grant will be administered through the Independent Living Centre (ILC) of WA.
Submissions for the grant are open from 15th July 2011 to Friday 9th September 2011.
For further information on eligibility please visit the ILC grant information page.
Please note Bluesky Healthcare have no association with the ILC or the Equipment for Living Grant, all enquiries about the grant should be directed to the ILC.